Saturday 15 August 2015

a peek at my playlist: to sleep

Ever since I got a cellphone (2008, IIRC, at the start of pre-medical yo!), I've stuffed it with as much music as I possibly could. I progressed from a 50MB memory card to a 1GB, then 2GB, and finally 4GB. Why stop here you may ask? It's enough for me and it doesn't feel like I'm swimming in music that I will not focus on ever. I managed my music library, painstakingly filling in metadata. And then, learned the fine art of making playlists. I've got a playlist for depression, aggression, Fiona Apple's brilliance, epic movie scores, studying, one named 'shutup', another named 'vacancy signs' and so on.... and then there's one called 'come sleep'.

It's just as the title suggests, it's something for me to fall asleep to. I don't always need a little musical nudge to fall asleep, but it's for those days when I can't empty my over-active mind. Clicky here if the embedded playlist is not working.





Does it work? For me, yeah. I usually nod off around Watch you sleeping or Prologue: Across the Sky.

So, what do you guys fall asleep to?





No comments:

Post a Comment

2017, 2017

Yo fellow humans, how you doin'.  It's been a year since I updated this blog last... I guess I haven't really accomplishe...