Monday 7 September 2015

a peek into my playlist: Taking the long way around

So, I'm halfway through my degree now, just beginning my research (Hint: it appears to involve me, pesticides, mosquitoes and rats. Only one of us will make it out alive! *energetic fist pump*). Today, as I was walking out of the building, I pondered on the direction my feet took unconsciously. It reminded me that I used to take the longest route ever around campus during the first semester just to delay getting to my awful dreadful classes. So glad those days are over. Anyway, so there's the following (self-made) choice of paths I had to get to classes back then: 

  • The straight-to-hell path. As the name implies, it involved going straight to class through the side entrance of the building, no detours whatsoever.
  • The "I don't want to go to class but I don't wanna waste my dad's money so I guess I'll take a little longer to get there" route. Self explanatory. I took the path through either the botany department or the long corridor  that ended between my zoology department and chemistry department.
  • The "I think I'll die from the crushing disappointment and sadness so let's walk around a little while and do some sightseeing and maybe put my brain into a semblance of order before I go to class" path. It was a long, long walk from the front entrance of the building (which was actually the furthermost from the main gate), through the physics department, down the stairs to the basement, then through the realm of wonder that was the architecture department. Ah, the glorious art that covers its walls! The lovely sketches and paintings! I always stopped there to look at the art for a few minutes. This little side adventure usually meant getting to class late, but it breathed a little life in me every time. 

Surprisingly, it never occurred to me to bunk class. But unsurprisingly, (we get to the point of this blog entry, woohoo!) I ended up listening to a lot of music to a) pass the time b) to block out the noisy chatter of my classmates c) to make myself feel better. And here we gooooo, a playlist to help you 'take the long way around' because sometimes we need to walk around our challenges before we can face them. Clicky for the link if the embedded playlist doesn't show up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2017, 2017

Yo fellow humans, how you doin'.  It's been a year since I updated this blog last... I guess I haven't really accomplishe...