Wednesday 23 December 2015

Where is my mind?

So, I’ve been trying to make some music lately, but I’m having trouble even starting banging on the keys. I wanted to make something light and warm, full of sunshine, before the year ends but doesn’t feel like I have it in me. Blah blah blah blah. I’ve been having weird old dreams (with newer scenerios) I thought I had figured out and wouldn’t see again. I hate weird dreams. There’s an annoying one in which I am trying to fight off some invisible demon or whatever (I can’t describe it; it is invisible after all) and even though I recite the words and fend it off, it never feels like it is over. It usually tugs at my clothes, pushes me, drags me off the ground and lifts me in the air, and my armpits get all ticklish and I just want to get it away from me, dammit. The dream I had last night, I was even crossing myself as some sort of exorcism – am not Christian, so it was surprising. I woke up feelng so annoyed and strange, ugh. Too much coffee, or too much Tomb Raider: Underworld? You pick.

I might not be making lots of music –or any music- right now, but I’ve uncovered the Gorillaz recently despite having seen various Demon Days videos on tv back in 2005 and am pretty much in love; Plastic Beach has to be one of my favourite albums ever now. There’s the song Empire Ants which I’ve been listening to over and over again. It reminds me so much of Boney M.’s Oceans of Fantasy, which in turn reminds me of my childhood. The old car, the last cassette, the stereo, my dad driving, squished between my older sisters in the backseat (shout out to the other youngest siblings that had to sit in the middle too). Just being young and carefree? Na, it goes deeper than that I think, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.
Anyway, will leave you all with Empire Ants


No comments:

Post a Comment

2017, 2017

Yo fellow humans, how you doin'.  It's been a year since I updated this blog last... I guess I haven't really accomplishe...