Sunday 14 July 2013

Of halts and songs stuck in my head

Ya, ya novaya model...

I am somehow in love with this song by the now split-up Russian duo t.A.T.u. 

I felt this was an extremely important declaration to make. 

Now that I have put that aside, here's the problem: my lovely Jupiter, the Dell n4050 bestowed upon me by Shahbaz Sharif got stolen. The machine upon which all my music took form. The machine I probably might never see again. Ever.

*excuse me while I go shed a few tears*

However, since I was in the process of setting up a new operating system on it, all my music and software had been shifted to another computer. I am lucky that most of my data was backed up, but this is still a huge loss to me since all my work (music, college presentations, downloading torrents, etc) was done using Jupiter. It's definitely brought my glacial pace of putting together an album to a halt and left me kinda uninspired to do any more work. Until that laptop can be retrieved or I get a new one, my music making will move very very slowly. I've got a couple of half-baked tracks that I initially wanted to post on soundcloud, but they were...well, half-baked. A little more grime and polish is needed before they end up anywhere.

In the meantime, I have decided to listen to more Pakistani music and expand my horizons. Maybe even do a few reviews, if possible. And all those track discussions.... 
Well, stay tuned for more rambling from me.


(And if anyone finds a cherry red dell inspiron n4050 in Lahore -with Crunchbang installed on it - in the hands of someone you feel is not the original owner, I'd love to know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

2017, 2017

Yo fellow humans, how you doin'.  It's been a year since I updated this blog last... I guess I haven't really accomplishe...