Monday 23 December 2013

Moodswings

Remember I said in my last post I had 3-5 tracks in various stages?

Soooooo, for a while now I'm stuck on a certain track in the Thing-making-process... There's definitely a problem with it on one listen, but then on the other it sounds almost perfect.

Well, then it hit me: MOODS, BABY. IT'S A TRACK TO BE LISTENED IN THE RIGHT MOOD.

Today, I was listening to this track, gearing up to work on the echoes I had found so annoying previously. I was pretty much splayed out on the least ergonomic computer setting possible, my wrists aching slightly and my feet cold. I was also shoving copious amounts of untoasted bread and aloo methi into my mouth. I was so relaxed. Man, I could feel the relaxy-waves touching my feet as I stretched out more comfortably. Or it was just the draft of cold air from under the bedroom door. And I hit play. 

The track sounded (almost) perfect. A little tweaking here and there needed, but quite good. Even the echoes sounded just right, wedging themselves into my ears easily, spilling over each other. 

So I guess, the moral of this fable purpose of this blog post is: Don't talk to strangers. Especially those in not the right mood. 

The alignment will be justified!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. I'm trying to work on some old stuff too but what I want to do with it keeps changing. I just want to get the perfect melody right for it.

    Rabbits Dreams and Mountains was very powerful, can't wait to hear the full version. Great going man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain, dude. I'm agonizing over the melodies for other tracks. Worst thing is that I get ideas in weird places, like the shower. ughhhh.

      Oh my.... 'Powerful' is a, uh, ... powerful word to use for the poor little track... Thankyousomuch. *falls to the floor with a thump*

      Delete

2017, 2017

Yo fellow humans, how you doin'.  It's been a year since I updated this blog last... I guess I haven't really accomplishe...